Sunday, March 7, 2010

Restless

Been a long week, now getting ready for bed and to start another...restless tonight and a song just came on - it's such an old one - but it spoke to me again - and was perfect for how I'm and the encouragement I need ---

Whisper the words of a prayer--And you'll find Him there
Arms open wide--Love in His eyes
Jesus--He meets you where you are
Jesus--He heals your secret scars
All the love you're longing for is
Jesus--The friend of a wounded heart

I titled this restless because that is how I am feeling. I read somewhere that in a time of restlessness to lean in close to God that he might be trying to get your attention. So my prayers tonight have been to Godspeak to me, show me your will, I am listening.

I've not been spending the time I need to each day alone with God. My busyness has gotten in the way. Pastor Steve just said last week - I beleive - If we are to busy for prayer - then we are too busy. God must be our priority. I will do better this week and moving forward. I am soooo behind on my Life Journal.

I have been so blessed with my current job and opportunities. I have absolutely fallen in love with seniors. I met the sweetest couple this week. They met in church as teenagers and in January will have been married 50 years and were still so in love. You could just see it. They touched me. They inspired me. Since starting in the home health field, I have met so many people that have truely touched my life and will remember them forever. It also makes me miss my Grandma Niter. I think that's why this couple touched me so much. The wife reminded me alot of her. Her love for Christ and sharing that love with others mostly.

ok...i have to get some sleep...gotta be ready for Monday and hit the pavement full steam!

With Love,

Summer

0 comments: